Thursday, November 19, 2015

Transmetrolopolitan



1) Are there any prominent symbols in the story? If so what are they and how are they used?
  
I think there was a lot of symbols that described many negative aspects of society, specifically materialism.  Clearly these symbols were exaggerated amplified in the city that the story takes place. The panels in the city were extremely cluttered, compared to the panels that were in the mountain. I feel like there were also a lot of emphasis on sex, money, drugs, and violence, all shown through an verity of symbols throughout many of the pannels   

2) What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you are able to connect.

I was not really able to connect with any of these characters on a personal level. Although I could relate to spider in some of the instances. like when he went from the rural mountain home to the city. I kinda felt the same way he felt when I went from living here at school to living in LA for the summer. I would consider sarasota much more isolated and rural than LA i kinda felt some of the same emotions he felt when i was exposed to the hustle and bustle of an extremely large city. I was exposed to a lot of the symbols that I described above. 

3) What changes would you make to adapt the story to other medium? What medium would you use, what changes would you make.

If I was given the opportunity I would change translate this into a movie  There was so much information on each of the panels, make ing into a movie is the only way i could see it . I could see it kinda in the style of Scott Pilgrim with extreme influences from the comic book, extremely graphic and packed with information. I would like the film to keep the same intense colors as the comic, but maybe give them more dimension and make the whole move more hyper realistic 


No comments:

Post a Comment